Universal Power Drives was founded in 1934 with a factory in Perivale and its head office in Aldwych, London. During the 1930s, 40s and 50s it specialised in producing 4x4 forestry logging trucks. In 1972 it launched the 4x4 Unipower Invader suited to fire-fighting and construction use.
In 1977 the company was acquired by AC Cars and production was moved to Thames Ditton, Surrey.
In 1988 the company started a new enterprise in Watford to provide continuity of support for Scammell trucks following the closure of the Rover Group (formerly British Leyland) owned Scammell plant that year.
In the 1980s it launched the C-series heavy-haulage tractor and a range of military trucks
Alvis plc acquired the company in 1994 and named their new subsidiary Alvis Unipower Limited, the trucks began to be branded as Alvis-Unipower .
Following their elimination from the bidding process for the UK Ministry of Defence's Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET) project, Alvis announced their intention to seek a new owner for Alvis Unipower.
Unipower (Natal) was originally founded by Jim Anderson and Peter Colepeper in August 1986. The company initially focused on the design and manufacture of in-field timber harvesting and haulage trailers, timber grapples and production loaders. Forestry fire tankers were a later addition, fitted to 4x4 truck chassis and designed for off-road use. All in-field forestry equipment is now sold under the UniLogger brand.
Andrew Colepeper joined the team in 1995, having qualified with a higher diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the Natal Technikon.
UNIPOWER launches new corporate brand and logo .
|¬недорожные транспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|