Hardy Rail Motors Ltd., subsequently Hardy Motors Ltd. In 1932 Associated Equipment Company Ltd. (AEC) became the sole shareholder, following the arrangement made with Four Wheel Drive Motors. During the 1920s Hardy built rail-going conversions of Four Wheel Drive (FWD) vehicles. In 1931 the Hardy trade-name was applied to FWD road vehicles to avoid confusion with the American FWD company, but through the 1930s the identity of Hardy as a distinct marque was increasingly subordinated to AEC. .

A.E.C. and the Daimler Co Ltd merged in 1926 to form the short-lived Associated Daimler Co Ltd, coinciding with construction of the new works at Southall, west of London. The first Southall chassis were completed in early 1927 and over the next fifty-two years A.E.C. were leaders in the highly competitive field of commercial and passenger vehicle manufacture, responsible for classics such as the MATADOR artillery tractor, the REGAL, REGENT and RELIANCE series of passenger chassis, the MAMMOTH MAJOR, MANDATOR and MERCURY heavy goods chassis, and such legendary diesel-engines as the 7.7, 8.8, 9.6, 11.3 and 12.4 litre types.AEC Type 850 R6T - military 6x6 tractor on loan to the IWM and on display in the Land Warfare Hall has its origins in the three-way relationship forged in late 1929 between AEC, the Four Wheel Drive Lorry Co Ltd and Hardy Rail Motors Ltd. The original R6T was built at the FWD factory in Slough, and had a Dorman 6-cylinder engine. The IWM exhibit, which has Middlesex registration AMP 80, is one of 33 AEC Type 850s with AEC A136 engines that were built at Southall between 1932 and 1936
¬недорожные траспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home