(AWD Truck Manufacturers,history, logo, PADRES DEL AUTO)
Atlas Copco Wagner
Underground haulage equipment
In 1922, Eddie Wagner moved to Oregon and with his brothers started a company called Mixermobile, named after a creative machine that could quickly mix and place concrete. The brothers began to experiment with 4-wheel-drive wheel loaders, which led to the start of Wagner Tractor and the manufacture of construction equipment. In 1949 Eddie's brother, Elmer Wagner invented the 4-wheel drive articulated vehicle.
Success and other innovations quickly followed the MS-i: the MT-b, the first rear dump truck capable of hauling a 10-ton capacity which was only 8 ft wide, 22 ft long and 60 in high; the MTT-425 Teletram®, which was the first underground 4-wheel drive horizontal discharge telescopic dump mine truck; and the ST-S Scooptram®, the first load-haul-dump vehicle with a full reversing, 4-speed power transmission and side seating operator position.
By 1970, Wagner had a complete line of 11 models of scoops, 18 models of Scooptrams, 29 models of mine trucks including 18 different Teletrams, and 14 utility vehicles. Over the next 23 years, the company also developed the E-O-D® (eject-o-dump) bucket; ScoopyTM, the company's non-stoppable digging mascot (a mole); Strongback® bucket; SAHR® (Spring Applied Hydraulic Released) Fail-to-Safe brakes; Rock Tough® axle; MT-444 diesel mine truck with programmable Automatic Transmission Controller; Rock Tough IM Air Conditioning system; and the ST-7.5Z diesel Scooptram with Wagner-designed Z-bar boom/bucket linkage.
In 1990 the company was purchased by Atlas Copco AB and, in March 1995, assumed its present name, Atlas Copco Wagner Inc.
In 1999, two new vehicles were introduced to the market, the MT2000, a 20 t capacity underground mine truck; and the ST-2G Scooptram. The ST1010 Scooptram, a redesign of the ST1000, was launched in March, 2000, as was the ST-8C. The ST1010 was extensively redesigned and re-engineered to make the model easier to maintain and operate.
From Wagner Tractor to Atlas Copco Wagner, the company has provided equipment for the mining and construction industries for over forty years. Today's vehicles are designed with state-of-the-art CAD/CAM systems, manufactured by skilled craftsmen using computer controlled plate burning machines, machining centres, and robotic weld centres, and assembled in a team-oriented, cell environment.
Based in Portland, Oregon, USA, Atlas Copco Wagner Inc. is a worldwide supplier of four-wheel drive, rubber-tyred, diesel and electric-powered, articulated underground mining and construction vehicles, including Scooptrams® and Mine Trucks. The company manufactures more than 40 standard LHDs and trucks, as well as speciality utility haulage vehicles for coal mines.
The manufacturing facilities of Atlas Copco Wagner Inc. are located at 4424 NE 158 Ave., Portland, Oregon 97230-4999 USA. For more information contact Atlas Copco Wagner Inc., tel +1 503 255-2863, fax +1 503 251-3014, visit www.atlascopco.com or contact any of the company's worldwide dealers, or the nearest Atlas Copco Sales Compan
(Land Locomotion – Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM)
Êîíòàêòíûé òåëåôîí: 8-903-110-70-97 Àíàòîëèé Ïåòðîâè÷