1922 1st July. Scammell Lorries Ltd was formed as a public company with capital of ?250,000 to acquire from G. Scammell and Nephew Ltd their works at Watford and to carry on the business of manufacturers of motor lorries for road haulage, etc, especially the "well known" Scammell Six-wheeler. Directors were James Allan as Chairman, Alfred George Scammell as MD, Percy Garibaldi Hugh as Technical Director and General Manager, Albert Isaac Belisha, Henry Ludwig Mond and Edward Whitten Rudd
Apart from this, the company also found itself increasingly involved in such fields as heavy construction, oil drilling, mining and logging, as well as maintaining its military presence with vehicles such as the
6x6 Explorer, 4x4 Mountaineer and, by 1952, the Constructor in its various forms.
Scammell Explorer - FV11301 The full title given by the Army is Tractor, 10 Ton, 6x6, G.S, Recovery (FV11301).
Many of these found there way into civilian life when they were replaced by the AEC Mk 3 recovery in the mid 1960's
Moutaineer Commercial Motor 1950 February
Scammell Mystery Army