The conglomerate of Randon Companies began in 1949 and currently produces one of the largest product portfolios in the world, in the segment of commercial vehicles focused on road, railroad and off-road transport.
The history of Randon Veiculos Ltda.
In 1973, it signed an agreement to purchase technology.
The agreement allowed it to produce and launch the truck RK-424
in the following year, which is the basis of a diversified line of special off-the-road vehicles.
In order to develop this line of products, Randon created its Vehicle Division, which has built a network of distributors and service outlets. In 1978, the agreement with Kockums was concluded. By that time, Randon had already absorbed the technology necessary to manufacture the truck and thus nationalized the product. Since then, its Vehicle Division has successively launched new products.
In the beginning of the 1990s, Randon S/A.- Veiculos e Implementos went through a deep corporate and organizational restructuring. One of the first changes was the segmentation of its business into Strategic Business Units. The Vehicle Division, then present in the market for 30 years and exporting to about 15 countries, became truly a business unit, which was the largest manufacturer in the country in its field. In April 1994, the Division legally and operationally became Randon Veiculos Ltda., with the same purposes, principles and guidelines of Randon Companies.