Truck & Trailer Limited was a Vancouver-based Canadian manufacturer of heavy trucks famed for their durability. Pacific built both highway and off road trucks, particularly for the logging industry, heavy haulers and fire trucks.
In 1947, three ex- Hayes Truck employees set up their own truck building shop, Pacific Truck & Trailer, and built their first truck in Vancouver. In 1967 the Pacific operation expanded and moved their production facilities to North Vancouver. In 1970, the business was sold to International Harvester .International managed worldwide sales, but left Pacific the design and manufacture of the products; however some of the Pacific models featured International cabins.
In 1981, International Harvester sold Pacific Truck and Trailer to Inchcape Berhad (Singapore). In October 1991, the last Pacific truck was built and the manufacturing plant was closed and torn down, with only the parts department left in operation in Vancouver. In 1994, the remnants of the company was sold to Crane Carrier of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. Crane continued until 2002, selling the Pacific name, intellectual property and rights to Coast Powertrain of New Westminster, B.C., Canada.
In addition to the Canadian and USA markets, Pacific was selling too in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. However its most impressive order was for four ultra-heavy road tractors to pull massive loads up to 370 tons for the South African Railways. These units were delivered in 1972, featured 600 hp Cummins engines, and were known as the "largest on-highway trucks in the world". Sometimes they all worked coupled forming an extra-long road train, including an extra-capacity lowloader trailer to total 860 tons gross combination mass.
The well-known World War II M25 Tank Transporter (also known as Dragon Wagon) truck, commonly referred to as Pacific was not a product of Pacific Truck and Trailer but of Pacific Car and Foundry (Paccar).
Pacific was founded in 1947 by 3 ex-Hayes employees, Claude Thick, Vic Barclay and Mac Billingsley , 1947-1995 hist ,
The trucks are Pacific model P12W3 , The trucks are Pacific model P12W3 ,
P12W Roughneck , 1963 Pacific 6x6
Pacific Truck & Trailer Roughnecks
In August 1971 Pacific received an invitation to tender four trucks from International Harvester of South Africa. From the top of the cab to ground was 13 ft. In 1973 the P-12 became a regular production truck.
In September 1981, International Harvester sold Pacific Truck and Trailer (Vancouver) to Inchcape Berhad (Singapore).
Early in 1989, Inchcape Berhad (Singapore), through their Pacific Truck (Vancouver) arm, purchased the Western Canadian region of Hayes Dana's Trucktrain Division headquarters in Edmonton
In early 1994, the parent company (Inchcape Berhad) decided that Pacific Truck had become saleable and one year later Crane Carrier Inc. purchased the newly styled and profitable company. Crane Carrier Inc headquartered out of Tulsa, Oklahoma is first a major distributor of heavy-duty parts across the US and secondly a manufacturer of vehicles so the fit became obvious from day one.
In the summer of 1995 the Vancouver depot built the last Pacific Truck in the back of their parts warehouse. A hand-built 100 tonne capacity ore tractor, model P12W3. It weighed in at 57,220 lbs (dry).
On February 1, 2002 the corporate parent, Crane Carrier Inc. decided to close the Pacific Truck (Surrey) location and to consolidate all business activities from the Edmonton, Alberta office of Pacific Truck & Trailer.
Crane Carrier Inc. consolidated only the parts and re-man operations to Edmonton. The Pacific Truck proprietary business, i.e.: business/parts pertaining to the actual trucks themselves, was sold to Coast Powertrain Ltd. of New Westminster, B.C., Canada.
|¬недорожные транспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|