Fordson was a brand name (appeared on British-built Ford trucks in 1933) of tractors and trucks. It was used on a range of mass-produced general-purpose tractors manufactured by Henry Ford & Son Inc from 1917 to 1920, by Ford Motor Company (U.S.) and Ford Motor Company Ltd (U.K.) from 1920 to 1928, and by Ford Motor Company Ltd (U.K.) from 1929 to 1964. The latter (Ford of Britain) also later built trucks under the Fordson brand.
Ford Thames Trader Diesel lorry and rebuilt by AWD (formed in 1954 by Alexander John Frank Andrews and Neil Davis) it again but using their own new heavy duty 4WD axles based on those fitted on standard Ford Major and this new FORD THAMES TRADER 4WD was a major national success after several more were made and the brand name of AWD Co Ltd. was born. AWD CO Ltd were focused on producing Ford Trader 4X4 models for many purposes.
The Fordson Thames ET6 and ET7 replaced the Fordson 7V being produced from 1949 to 1957.
ET and V7 models had been based on Ford of America designs; the new Thames Trader was the first heavy commercial to be designed by Ford of Britain.
Ford commenced production of the Thames Trader NC at it Dagenham factory in England in 1962.It used the cabin developed by Ford Germany for their slow-selling Ford Koln truck ( 1956 Ford G398 TA four-wheel-drive export model intended for military use ).
Ford Thames E4 3 ton 4x4 truck LAA-light anti-aircrafttractor FV13303 , introduced in 1951, powered by a Ford V8 petrol engine of 87 bhp driving either the rear or all four wheels, the Ford Thames was one of the new generation post World War Two trucks used by the British Army.
|¬недорожные траспортные средства (Land Locomotion Ц Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM) Home|