Couple-Gear

(AWD Truck Manufacturers, history, logo, PADRES DEL AUTO)

Couple-Gear Starting in 1904, the Couple Gear Freight Company of Grand Rapids, Michigan, built four-wheel drive electric trucks with four-wheel steering that could be operated independently. The trucks used a geared motor built into the hub of the wheels. The setup was useful for maneuvering loads into tight spots by going almost sideways. The trucks were built in 1, 2, and 5 ton capacities, and the top speed was 8 mph for the lighter trucks and 6 mph for the 5 ton trucks. In 1908, a hybrid truck was built that had a 4-cylinder gasoline generator, thus eliminating the batteries and the transmission. Couple Gear remained in business until 1922.

Внедорожные траспортные средства
(Land Locomotion – Mechanical Vehicle Mobility LL-MVM)
The Contact telephone: 8-903-110-70-97 - Anatoly Petrovich
Cайт информационный, некоммерческий.
(На странице "commerc" размещены ссылки на отечественные коммерческие сайты)
Сайт постоянно редактируется. Замечания можно отправлять на E-mail: ap-fedosov@newmail.ru.
Home